Database Administrator - Boston, MA / Burlington, VT / Remote
POSITION: Database Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
LOCATION: Boston, MA / Burlington, VT / Remote
The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and ensuring the quality and performance of all production and test databases. Candidate will work closely with both the technical and the business teams.
- Provide database administration on production, development, and test Oracle databases in a Linux environment to ensure availability, security, redundancy and scalability.
- Assist development and front-line lending support teams to troubleshoot problems and to enforce fundamentals of good database design.
- Test and manage vendor supplied upgrades and patches to the database.
- Work with network administrators to manage a successful backup and recovery strategy as it relates to Oracle databases.
- As part of the IT team, as needed, provide 24X7 infrastructure support to both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another STEM field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with Oracle 12c/19c, including a minimum of one year as Database Administrator in a production environment
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of Oracle 12c/19c Administration in RAC environment, including Data Guard, Enterprise Manager, ASM, Grid, RMAN and other backup and recovery techniques
- Knowledge of and experience with Oracle performance tuning concepts and techniques
- Proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge of and experience with relational database design concepts and modeling tools
- Working knowledge of Linux fundamentals, best practices, and shell scripting
- Understanding of IT change management processes and controls; version control concepts and tools
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work with multiple teams
- Oracle Certification
- Experience with Oracle APEX
- Experience with Oracle Database Appliance/Oracle Exadata
- Working experience with virtual environments using VMware
- A broad understanding of securities lending and financial services industry
We offer competitive salaries, a robust benefits package and tremendous room for personal growth in a professional and challenging environment. eSecLending is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit resumes with a cover letter, including salary requirements, to: firstname.lastname@example.org